We provide design consulting accompanied by referrals for remodeling of bathrooms, kitchens, and other living areas. Our design consulting is centered on a philosophy we refer to as KISS: Keep It Simple and Safe. Our design consultations focus on immediate, intermediate, and future needs.
Assessments and design consulting is provided by a Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist and Occupational Therapist.
Keep It Simple and Safe (KISS) Design Consulting
KISS design consultations educate you and your family members on the best possible solutions to keep your home accessible and safe to age in place. Solutions are developed with current and future needs being addressed, so you and your family members are not left with an investment that is no longer usable or results in a crisis that could have been avoided.
Often, solutions are within the education we provide regarding changing methods to provide care, including adapting how to perform tasks or what equipment to use to make them easier. The solutions may be as simple as increasing safety and easing mobility, allowing you or your family member to stay in your home and save thousands of dollars.
When thriving within the home is the goal, solutions can be anywhere from making home modifications such as installing stairlifts, widening doors, and lowering work surfaces to remodeling bathrooms, kitchens, and other living areas. These types of modifications can be completed in phases for individuals returning hospitals or rehabilitation centers or from a cost perspective.
Design Consulting Services
We offer the following design consulting services in order for our clients to Flourish
- Assess clients’ needs and daily routines
- Establish an understanding of physical limitations to address immediate, intermediate, and future needs
- Create and execute individualized, strategic plans with solutions
- Address long-term solutions that may include lowering work surfaces or remodeling (i.e. bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens, laundry areas, living areas, etc.)
- Provide education on use of body mechanics to increase safety and decrease energy use
- Consult and partner with licensed remodeling and home building contractors to ensure the best possible design choices for clients’ current and future needs
- Consult with the contractor throughout the duration of the project to ensure that clients’ needs are being met with the remodeling
Design Consulting Packages
The following design consulting packages are available:
- Initial assessment with solutions discussed
- Initial assessment with written report including full explanations of solutions
- Initial assessment with written report including full explanations of solutions and design provided
- Initial assessment with written report, design provided, and consult with contractor
- Initial assessment with written report, design provided, initial consult with contractor, and three strategic follow up visits with contractor (Up to 3 Hours)
- Telephone consultations with client and/or contractor (Hourly Rate)
- Onsite visits for strategic planning and follow up
- Onsite training when solutions have been implemented